Taking full advantage of the power of USB3.0, UAC-8 is a multi-talented studio workhorse, not a one-trick pony.
Plenty of analogue, plenty of digital:
Eight front panel combo XLR/TRS inputs accept mic and line-level signals. Inputs 1 and 2 can also accept instrument-level signal from electric guitars and basses. Dedicated input gain controls and Clip LEDs make it easy to set optimum input levels, and a Phantom Power switch enables the use of condenser microphones.
Dual balanced analog ¼" TRS output jacks are set aside for your monitors, and there are also 8 discrete balanced TRS analog line outputs. A large front-panel Output knob offers fast control over output level, and there are two independent ¼" stereo headphone jacks, each with volume control
10 channels of digital inputs and outputs, including 8 channels of I/O on ADAT Optical connectors, plus S/PDIF. Yes, there is Word Clock I/O. Yes, there is MIDI I/O on the back as well.
UAC-8 can be used as an 8-channel mic preamp and analog-to-digital or digital-to-analog converter without being connected to a computer. It performs 4-times upsampling during both analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion. For A/D conversion, this means less aliasing noise; for D/A conversion, this means increased clarity and fidelity.
Got thunderbolt instead of USB3.0? You may prefer to look at TAC-8 (thunderbolt interface)
- 18in/20out SuperSpeed USB 3.0 audio interface
- Standalone mode allows use as an 8-channel mic preamp and A/D or D/A converter without connection to a computer
- Support for recording and playback of up to 24?bit/192 kHz high-resolution audio
- Low latency audio streaming
- 8 combo balanced XLR/TRS analog input connectors accept both mic and line-level signal
- High-performance mic preamps with up to +60 dB of amplification
- Hi-Z switches allow direct connection of electric guitar or bass (INPUT1, INPUT2)
- Independent gain controls and clip LEDs for each input
- Switchable +48V phantom power (INPUTS 1-4, INPUTS 5-8)
- 10 balanced TRS output jacks for connection to mixers, amplifiers, self-powered speakers, headphones, or effects devices
- Dual front-panel 1/4" headphone outputs with dedicated volume controls
- Large knob output volume control
- 4x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
- Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
- S/PDIF IN/OUT: 2IN / 2OUT, up to 24-bit/192 kHz
- ADAT Optical IN/OUT: 2 IN / 2 OUT at 192/176.4 kHz (S/MUX4 compatible), 4 IN/4 OUT at 96/88.2 kHz (S/MUX compatible), 8 IN / 8 OUT at 48/44.1 kHz
- Word Clock in/out
- Clock source indicator
- MIDI in/out
- Rack-mountable (1U space)
- Robust metal housing
- Works with all USB 3.0-equipped Mac and Windows computers and Apple iPad*
* Apple Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required