Playback and record a rock-solid MADI stream, 48 channels simultaneous I/O via USB 2.0, with DiGiCo UB MADI and your Mac or PC.
UB MADI is fully hot-pluggable. Audio flows within 4 seconds of the device being plugged in and is bus-powered - even if you’re driving signals over 100m of cable.
UB MADI is small, light and robust. Using a strong USB-B type socket and standard cabling, UB MADI is reliable and portable and takes up minimal space – perfect for a high performance location recording or virtual sound check system.
48 channels = Compact Massive
DiGiCo has managed to deliver a great channel count without sacrificing latency, quality or reliability. The ground breaking performance of the "SD7-derived FPGA and on-board 500MHz dualcore CPU", coupled with the capability of USB 2.0, means the sweet spot for an audio interface is 48 channels of IO simultaneously (full-duplex at 48KHz only).
As UB MADI is fully digital end-to-end and isn’t reliant on USB’s data clock for timing, jitter is not an issue. All audio data is recovered and input clock tolerance massively exceeds the AES minimum specification.
Operating system required:
- Microsoft Windows XP (32bit or 64bit)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32bit or 64bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit)
- Apple OS X Lion (10.7.4 or newer)
- Apple OS X Mountain Lion (10.8 or newer)
Recommended hardware specification:
- 2GiB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz CPU or equivalent
UB MADI automatically detects and selects the following input stream formats:
- 24 bit 48kHz AES-10 MADI (32, 56, 57 and 64 channel frame size)
- 24 bit 48kHz AES-3 Audio
- 48 kHz Word Clock (for synchronising UB MADI in a playback-only scenario)