Like the rest of Warm Audio's microphone range, WA14 draws inspiration from a classic.
WA14 is a "414-style" condenser microphone based on the early 1970's microphone, used on countless hit records.
The Warm Audio version utilises a custom, all-brass, CK12-style capsule, CineMag USA transformer, and a fully discrete signal path.
WA14 can be used on an array of sources, such as; punchy/warm intimate lead vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, bass, drums/percussion, strings/orchestral material, and many other sources. WA14 provides a realism and thickness that is true to the vintage microphone, but now at an affordable price.
The WA-12-B-60V is an all-brass, edge-terminated capsule that captures all the smoothness, rich top end, and warm vintage sonics of the original CK12 capsule. The WA-12-B-60V uses a variant CEK-12 backplate as a basis, which overcomes manufacturing limitations of the original CK12 capsule. The o-ring and housing of the WA-12-B-60V are all made from brass (no teflon parts), and the diaphragm is 24k gold sputtered 6 micron, NOS PET film (mylar).
The end result is a very consistent, reliable capsule which matches the frequency response and tonality of the classic 1970's classic capsule.
- Large diaphragm condenser microphone with variable pad and three polar patterns
- Features custom WA-12-B-60V edge-terminated, dual-backplate, all-brass vintage CK12-style capsule
- Custom CineMag USA transformer
- Frequency range: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Output pad: 0dB, -10dB, -20dB
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure of eight and omnidirectional
- Output Impedance: 150 ohms
- 3-pin gold plated XLR
- Requires +48V phantom power
- Includes shock mount and hard mount
- Colour: black