Behringer WING is a 48-channel, 28-bus digital mixing console with huge connectivity options —and up to 374 inputs and 374 outputs.
There's something about WING that we really like. It's not the 'cheeky nod' (by way of interesting names) to the original versions of of the seemingly endless amount of effects and plug ins you can load up, though they're very impressive and sound great. Nor is it the nice big touch display that can be angled exactly how you like.
The connectivity is extreme. Take a deep breath for this cut-and-paste from Behringer:
"WING provides 3 x AES50 SuperMAC audio networking ports for connecting digital stageboxes or sharing up to 144 input and 144 output streams with other mixing consoles. There are 48x48 channels of USB audio and another 64x64 channels of Audio over IP (AoIP module optional), plus AES/EBU stereo I/O. The WING expansion card slot, featuring the LIVE SD recording card or accommodating option cards for various standards, such as ADAT, MADI, DANTE, and WSG, offers another 64x64 channels of audio in/out"
Of course, locally there is 8 original Midas PRO-Series microphone pre amps and 8 XLR outputs (all on the rear).
No, the thing that impresses us most in the first week having WING on display is the amount of people saying "Yeah, I'd use that" after they've had a 10 minute fiddle and imagined WING on a show.
- 8 award-winning Midas PRO mic preamps and 8 Midas PRO outputs onboard
- 24 motorized 100 mm faders in 3 separate, fully configurable sections
- "Plug and play" remote I/O connectivity for up to 144 input and output signals over 3 AES50 ports featuring Klark Teknik’s SuperMAC technology for ultra-low jitter and latency
- Large main display with capacitive touch screen and adjustable display swivel
- Unique touch-sensitive channel editing section with 11 rotary controls and dedicated color TFT for staying on top of all channel properties
- Optional module for 64x64 channels of audio over Ethernet – supporting WAVES SoundGrid Technology* or Dante/AES67 Technology*
- 48 x 48 channel USB 2.0 audio interface onboard with DAW remote control emulating HUI* and Mackie Control*
- Dual-SD card live recorder/player with up to 64 tracks and markers for identifying song positions
- Additional 4-channel control section with rotary controls, buttons and parameter display for permanent access to mains, matrices or "money-channels"
- Premium FX rack with 8 true-stereo processors and world-class TC algorithms, Lexicon*, Quantec* and EMT* emulations
- Standard FX rack with 8 true-stereo processors for a wide array of modulation, EQ, dynamics etc. ?- also allows blending outboard effects to the mix
- 5 variable plug-in processing slots for all 40 stereo input channels, featuring the most iconic vintage analog equalizers and compressors, plus insert FX slot and 4-band parametric EQ for all 8 stereo aux channels
- Custom Controls offering 16 latching or momentary buttons and 4 rotary controls, easily being configured for preferred functions
- 4 main, 8 matrix and 16 aux stereo buses, featuring dual inserts, 8-band parametric EQ's, stereo imager and full dynamics processing
- 2 Ethernet ports with integrated switch for networked remote control
- Built-in expansion port for optional audio interface cards or digital networking bridges, MADI* and ADAT/WC
- StageCONNECT 32-channel low-latency interface for personal monitoring or analog I/O boxes, AES/EBU stereo digital in?- and outputs on balanced XLR, 8x8 balanced TRS auxiliary line in?- and outputs, 2 TRS phones connectors, MIDI I/O and 4 GPIO ports