RODE Wireless GO is a tiny, lightweight wireless system with camera-mount receiver.
Let’s look at the 'camera' side of things first:
Weighing in at just 31g, the receiver has a dual-purpose mount, that works either as a slide-in option for a shoe-mount, or can simply clip onto your strap (or clothing). It measures just 44 x 46.4 x 18.5mm, making it one of the smallest receivers available. The included SC2 mini (3.5mm) TRS cable connects the receiver to your camera input (or portable recorder).
Behold the simplest, smallest, lightest transmitter in town:
With the same size and weight as the mini receiver (see above), the Wireless GO transmitter has a very handy trick up its sleeve - there is a built-in omnidirectional microphone capsule, so Wireless GO can clip straight to your presenter's clothing and they can start talking. This really is a "turn-on-and-get-going" solution.
If you want to get adventurous, you can add the superb Lavalier microphone by RODE, by plugging it into the 3.5mm TRS input. Of course, this cuts the internal omni capsule from the equation. Even the RODE SmartLav+ works, but you’ll need the SC3 adapter to make it work.
Wireless GO operates with 2.4GHz digital wireless transmission, and both the transmitter and receiver are charged via USB-C cables (included). Battery life is up to 7 hours and you'll get some good range with line-of-sight.
In the box:
- 1 x Wireless GO compact transmitter
- 1 x Wireless GO compact receiver
- 2 x fur windshield
- 1 x Wireless GO pouch
- 2 x USB-A to USB-C cable
- 1 x SC2 3.5mm TRS cable
Wireless GO features:
- Operates as a clip-on microphone or beltpack transmitter for a lavalier/headset microphone
- Built-in omnidirectional condenser microphone delivers broadcast-quality sound
- All-new Series III 2.4GHz digital wireless transmission with 128-bit encryption designed to deliver crystal clear audio under any conditions, even in locations with dense Wi-Fi and Bluetooth activity like shopping malls, conventions, hotels etc
- Up to 70m range (line-of-sight), but optimised for shorter-range operation in congested radio-frequency environments
- TX and RX have built-in rechargeable batteries, charged via USB-C
- Up to 7 hours on a full charge, including a battery-saver mode
- Super-lightweight and ultra-compact: TX is 31g and RX only 31g
- The transmitter and receiver pair in just 3 seconds
- 3-stage output pad: 0, -6dB and -12dB
- RØDE’s market-leading smartLav+ (with an SC3 adaptor), Lavalier microphone and HS2 headset microphone are perfect companions for the Wireless GO when used as a beltpack (and sold separately)
- Use up to 8 systems in one location.