Xenyx 802 is our favourite of the compact series of Behringer mixing consoles.
With two microphone inputs, 802 is great for a solo or duo setup, and also works perfectly as part of the nerve centre of your little studio or video editing suite.
Thanks to the external power supply, Xenyx 802 is very lightweight and has a low profile. Of course, this means you'll need to keep track of all your bits if you're travelling from gig to gig, as you won't be able to simply 'grab a ketttle cord' if you've left your power supply at home.
There are no built-in effects - the beauty of Xenyx 802 is the simplicity. With 3 band EQ, a headphone output, plus 'control room' outputs, there's enough ways to get the right amount of signal both in and out of your console.
From the Behringer website:
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer
- 2 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs for warm and musical sound
- 1 post fader FX send per channel for external FX devices
- 1 stereo aux return for FX applications or as separate stereo input
- Main mix outputs plus separate control room, phones and stereo CD/tape outputs
- CD/tape inputs assignable to main mix or control room/phones outputs
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life