With 32 DuoPre™ preamps borrowed from Zed14, low-noise summing amps from the acclaimed GL2400, and a simple (yet solid) surface that will be the envy of many lesser consoles, Zed 436 is flexible.
The 4-band eq (2 mid sweeps) and insert points on each mono channel ensure you’ve got good control on any mic you want to plug in. Mono channels also have individual +48v phantom power, direct outputs and 6 aux sends (2 pre, 2 post, 2 pre/post).
It’s a very well thought-out mixing console. Layout: 16 mono + 2 stereo to the left of Main output section, 16 more mono on the right.
2 dual stereo channels, 4 subgroups, 3 Main outs (left, right & mono). Insert points on all sub and main outputs, plus you get a talkback mic input (routable to a few relevant places), and the very useful USB for serious connectivity (stereo returns, send to recorder, or plug-in FX send-return). All connectors are in eyeshot for easy reference.
Features at a glance:
- 32 mono channels
- 2 dual stereo inputs with 4-band EQ
- Neutrik mic XLR
- Neutrik 1/4 inch jacks
- Channel insert
- Super wide gain ‘DuoPre’ mic line input
- 4-band EQ with 2 swept mids and in/out switch
- Illuminated mute
- Sound image pan
- Illuminated PFL & peak warning indicator
- ALPS 100mm faders
- 6 auxiliary sends (2 pre, 2 post, 2 pre/post)
- 4 sub groups fed from each channel
- All inputs with level control
- 12 bar meters
- L, R and M main mix outputs
- 2 matrix sections available; can send output to USB
- Individual channel 48V phantom power
- Direct output on every mono channel
- Peak and signal indication on every channel
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Master level controls on all outputs
- Easy to use layout – all connections and controls on top surface