To be successful in the audio world, as a manufacturer since 1969, means that Allen & Heath is doing something right – listening to what their clients need, not just making cool bits of gear.
The new ZED mixer additions are no exceptions.
Although they’re built around a tiny footprint, A&H has ensured that your most important controller – MAIN MIX – is via a high quality fader, rather than a volume pot. With a little bit of clever design, they’ve managed to squeeze a 60mm 'go' fader for easy control.
ZED6 features the new GSPre boutique preamp, "developed from the revered GS-R24 studio recording console...low noise and massive headroom, with a signature analogue warmth and depth".
Each of the two microphone channels also include Guitar DI high impedance inputs, allowing you to plug in a guitar instead of a microphone, without the hassle and expense of carrying separate DI boxes.
Other features include: 2 pairs of TRS inputs for line-level signals, main outputs via XLR, on-board power supply (no plug pack required), and rugged construction.
- 2 Mic / Line Inputs with separate XLR and TRS jack sockets
- 2 Stereo Inputs with TRS jack sockets
- 2 Guitar DI high impedance inputs, eliminating the need for DI boxes
- Lo-cut filter for cleaning up unwanted low frequency noise
- 2 band EQ for easy creative and corrective tonal shaping
- 60mm smooth travel fader on main mix
- XLR main outputs
- Flexible signal monitoring
- 8 LED signal metering
- 48V Phantom Power for condenser mics
- Robust internal power supply