Zoom F1-SP is a combination of the super-compact F1 recorder, and SGH-6 shotgun mic capsule.
SPOILER ALERT - For the 'too long, didn't read' version, skip straight to the video tab below...
F1-SP is perfect for 'run and gun' applications, and sits comfortably on top of any DSLR camera, thanks to its extreme light weight, and shockmount.
Let's check the "Essential Features for Videographers" as listed via ZOOM website:
CALIBRATE AND SYNC
F1 tone generator provides a test tone to assist in setting proper audio levels. Sound markers make aligning audio and video easy.
NO CHANCE OF OVERLOAD
An on-board limiter keeps your levels safe when spikes in loud volume occurs.
CONVENIENT POWER SOURCES
F1 can be powered using two AAA batteries (included) or with the optional AD-17 power adapter.
Transfer recordings to your computer in card reader mode or record directly to your computer using the F1 in USB audio interface mode.
While recording to your camera, the F1 can also record to a microSD card, providing a stereo audio file which can be edited in post-production.
- Two-channel audio recorder
- Compatible with Zoom microphone capsules
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- One-touch button controls
- 1.25" monochrome LCD display
- Rec Hold function to avoid accidental operation of buttons
- Stereo 1/8" Mic/Line In mini phone jack with Plug-in power (2.5V)
- Stereo 1/8" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- Built-in limiter and auto level control to avoid clipping
- Pre-Record function
- Tone generator for calibrating audio levels between the F1 and a DSLR or video camera without the need for an attenuator cable
- Sound marker function that outputs quick tone to make syncing audio and video easy
- Records directly to micro SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Micro USB port for data exchange to and from computer and use as an audio interface with computer or iOS device
- Runs on 2 standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17)
- Up to 10 hours of operation with alkaline batteries (when using lavalier)
*Camera not included
In the box:
- F1 Field Recorder
- SGH-6 Shotgun microphone
- WSS-6 Windscreen
- SMC-1 Stereo mini cable for DSLR
- SMF-1 Shock mount
- 2 AAA batteries
- Quick guide