Yamaha HS8S is an 8" powered studio subwoofer, taking it down to 22Hz.
Don't let the 'hero' style product photography decive you, HS8S is a very neat, compact little sub that will sit comfortably in a variety of home studio and video editing suite situations, along with feeling 'up-to-the-task' for school classroom applications.
Driver and Power
The 8" woofer is powered by a nicely matched 150w amplifier. The result is an extension to the frequency response you'd be expecting from your nearfiled setup, with a handy 22Hz-150Hz being delivered by HS8S.
Connections and Control
Use either XLR or 1/4" TRS jacks to connect your left and right signal to the sub. You can then flick the 'low cut' switch, and pass the XLR output to your nearfield monitors, with a knob to rotate between 80-120Hz.
There is a also a phase reverse switch, if required for your set up, and you can control the amount of 'highs' going through your HS8S sub, buy twisting the High Cut knob, with 80-120Hz being the frequencies you can attenuate.
- 8" bass-reflex powered subwoofer delivers low frequencies down to 22Hz
- 22Hz - 150Hz frequency response
- High-power 150W amplifier exclusively designed for low frequencies
- LOW CUT switch, LOW CUT control (80-120Hz) HIGH CUT control (80-120 Hz)
- PHASE switch allow users to set up a subwoofer system with simple connections and no additional equipment
- XLR and TRS phone for inputs and XLR for outputs