KSM8 - in brushed nickel finish
For a high performance stage microphone, discerning singers should take a good look at Shure KSM8.
This new style of vocal microphone has had quite a buzz around it (the good kind), since it was first released midway through 2016.
What is Dualdyne™ all about?
KSM8 features a patented cartridge design with two ultra-thin diaphragms (one active, one passive) and groundbreaking reverse airflow technology. This helps with a number of factors, so let's lift some words directly from Shure's website:
Every Spot is a Sweet Spot
Excellent control of proximity effect entails extension of effective working distance ("sweet spot") to an unprecedented range from 0 to 5 inches, which offers a consistent sound despite microphone technique varies among different users.
Warm and natural, low to high
Experience it like never before - the flattest mid-high frequency response ever seen on a dynamic microphone. With proximity effect virtually eliminated, KSM8 is capable of reproducing warm, natural and open sound accurately with little or no EQ required.
Polar Pattern Consistency
KSM8 Dualdyne™ offers a more linear response on axis with improved rear rejection. This results in a more consistent sounding microphone even if the sound source is off axis.
No matter how much hype is surrounding any new-realease microphone, it's always worth your while testing it out with your own voice, and your own ears. Come in to our South Melbourne showroom and have a try, straight away you'll work out if this is the mic for you.
- Patented cartridge design featuring two ultra-thin diaphragms (one active and one passive) and groundbreaking inverted airflow system.
- Exceptional control of proximity effect vastly increases working distance without on-axis coloration.
- Accurate frequency response due to controlled proximity effect which allows for neutral mid-and-high frequency reproduction, resulting in the most natural sounding dynamic microphone available.
- Off-axis attenuation is flat and broad resulting in superior quality of rejection of unwanted sound sources for increased vocal clarity.
- Advanced Pneumatic Shock Mount design for exceptional rejection of handling noise without any loss of low frequency response.
- Dent-resistant, hardened carbon-steel grille design lined with hydrophobic woven fabric provides exceptional plosive and wind protection, while offering virtually waterproof protection.