In a stand-off not quite to the level of VHS vs Beta, XLR connectors have had a sticking point for a little while.
While most of the equipment and manufacturers have fallen into line, there remains a reason for two different 6-pin XLR standards.
This version of the 6-pin, although looking very similar to NC6FXX, has a slightly different pin configuration:
Equivalent to switchcraft pin layout
6 pole female cable connector with Nickel housing and silver contacts.
All other 'vitals' are the same as any Neutrik XX series XLR cable connector:
- Time saving assembly: only 4 pieces, no set screws. Neutrik unique chuck-type strain relief.
- Cable O.D. range: 3.5 mm - 8.0 mm
- Unique cage design of female contact for low contact resistance and high integrity
- Female contact incorporates a solder barrier to prevent solder running into the contact mating area
- Female connector with improved solid metal latch which is larger and easier to handle
- Additional ground spring contacts for better shell ground continuity
- Improved chuck type strain relief provides higher pull-out force and makes assembly easier and faster
- Boot with polyurethane gland gives high protection to cable bending stresses
- Colored rings and boots available for coding or identification
- Sleek and ergonomic design - valuable and handy
- Rugged zinc diecast shell, longlasting and dependable
- Internal thread on shell is well protected against any damage
- Branded with unique hologram - guarantees genuine and authentic Neutrik product