The most recognised microphone on both stage and music video clips today was a long time in the making.
After perfecting the SM 57 Shure engineer Ernie Seeler led a team to build the ideal vocal microphone, one that provided high-quality sound, was rugged and dependable. After three years and hundreds of tests involving dropping, throwing, cooking, freezing, salt spray, and water immersion, the SM58 was born.
Best suited for stage vocals, but will work for speech and a variety of instruments.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noisePneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
Transducer Type: Dynamic
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 15 kHz
Sensitivity (1 kHz): -54.5 dBV/Pa / 1.88 mV/Pa
Weight: 298 g